I've had a lot of queries about running club lately and the favourite question (well, after 'how far do you go?', see here for the answer) seems to be 'what do you do?'. This is quite hard to explain, as we do different things each week and there's no set agenda each term. It may be circuits one week (especially if it's hot!) or 400m repeats another, some weeks we'll do our mile time trial, some weeks we'll have a picnic...
- Ask you how fast you go. A member recently told me they went to a running club once (advertised as 'beginners welcome') and was asked what their 5k race pace was - they hadn't even run 5k in one go at that point! We don't care if you do 6 min/mile or 15 min/mile, whether you run marathons or just to the end of the street, you're very welcome to come along.
- Shout at you.
- Make you feel that you're the 'slow one'. The training we do is carefully designed to 'level the playing field' so it's not possible for anyone to get 'left behind'.
- Burpees, press-ups, jumping jacks - if you want a generic 'keep fit' type of thing, then I can tell you where to go. You come to us for running training....
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. We're all about creating a fun and supportive environment where you can meet new friends and enjoy the outdoors.
- We don't 'just' run. A lot of people seem to think that all we do is meet up and go for a run, in which case £3 a session seems a bit steep. If you want to 'just' run, then do come to our FREE 'Saturday social' sessions (like our page on Facebook for details of meeting points every Friday!). But we don't charge for 'just' running - you don't need any help to do that - at our club nights we coach you, show you different ways to train, show you how to get faster, stronger or run further.
Sound OK so far? Why not come and try it out? You have nothing to lose (trials are FREE) and a whole load of stuff to gain...
Tuesdays 6:30/Sundays 10am The Exhibition, Over
Thursday 6:30 Cottenham Village Green.